The Literacy Teacher's Playbook - Action Plan Part #3



I honestly cannot believe that this is the second to last week of our book study - The book will be over this week, but we will come back together for one more week to reflect and think about what we read and learned and thought about during this book tour.  

This week will conclude the action planning.  What are we going to do with all of the data we collected??

I work in a school where we all work as a team.  I work VERY closely with the ELL teacher (she does push-in and pull-out groups in my room), a literacy aide (who does much of my assessing and takes reading groups), and a Title 1 teacher (who will work with small groups or with kids one-on-one).  Managing all of these kiddos and adults can be a challenge.  

While, I don't LOVE the system Serravallo suggests, it did make me think about what would be a good way to help keep everyone on the same page day-to-day.  This will be a beginning of the year goal for me - a single note taking page where quick thoughts can be written and kept organized... This is a work in progress.  

I also like the idea of parent notes - especially for those kids getting reading intervention because they are struggling.  The more parents are aware of the issue, the more they can do at home to help.  You never want a parent to be blindsided by their kids lack of progress.  

I will be working on some tracking sheets - literacy and math based as I start to think about back-to-school.  But for now, I will enjoy my last few family vacation days topped off with my BIG race on Saturday!  I'll check in again next week! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment