The Literacy Teacher's Playbook - Final Thoughts



It’s August – ALREADY!  How did that happen??  

This week we are completing our book study of The Literacy Teacher's Playbook by Jennifer Serravello.  It has been an interesting journey and I am hopeful that I will be able to add some of the pieces she talks about into my classroom.

I am going to be honest here - I chose the book, so I should have LOVED it right?  Well to be honest I didn't.  I got some good ideas from it.  The book made me think about the assessments I give and the way that I set goals for students, but I could never really get into it.  I have read some other professional books this summer that really got me excited to teach (Guided Math by Laney Sammonds is one!).  This just didn't.  I am NOT saying it's not a good book, it just wasn't what I was looking for or what I needed.  

That being said, I am going to take some gems from this book.  I AM going to start keeping a log for my intervention kids who see multiple teachers.  I am also going to do a better job goal setting with students rather than for students.  

Thanks for joining me for the last 8 weeks.  It has been fun getting to know you all through these posts!  Happy Back-to-school - Good Luck!!


No comments:

Post a Comment