Ribbon Tree Shirt and Glued Sounds Pack

I am making a quick stop over to say hi tonight and share a couple of goodies!

I found pictures of a ribbon T-shirt on Pinterest last year, but never made one. I decided to try this year and of course, the links sent me to an Etsy store that has closed!  In took on the challenge of making a tree out of ribbon for the Little Lady (She loved the turkey shirt from last year so much!).  
Here's a look at the finished product:

I started with 15 pieces of ribbon 3 inches long each.  Then I hand sewed them into loops - It would be MUCH easier to machine sew them, but I am machine sewing incompetent!  Then I lined them up in rows (5, 4, 3, 2, 1) and sewed each row together overlapping the pieces slightly.  Finally, I attached the rows to the shirt.  This was BY FAR the hardest part since I needed to make sure the rows were even and level - I didn't want a wonky tree! :)

In the end I was mostly happy (I would re-do the second row from the top if I could.), but over all I was happy - That is of course until a loop fell off of the shirt while she was at school today.  How you ask?  She says it happened during the "crazy dance party"!  

I also want to share our newest product.  It goes along with the other phonics units we have put out.  This one focuses on the glued sounds -ang, -ing, -ong, -ung, -ank, -ink, -onk, -unk.  You can find the pack HERE.

Here's a preview...





I hope to be back again later this week with more goodies, but who knows the way things have been lately I am scrambling for time to get anything done!  For now, I'm off to address my Christmas cards!


No comments:

Post a Comment