First week of first grade... DONE!

This week may have only been 3 work days, but it seemed like more. I always forget how much time it takes to teach routines so that kids can be independent. My new kiddos are great. They are all so sweet and eager to please. It's nice to see smiles all day.  Even while I give directions 15 times ;) !

I'm going to make this short because I'm EXHAUSTED!!  Bedtime will come early for me tonight. But I did want to share with you my favorite back to school activity. It comes from Babbling Abby's TPT shop. Her website is called the inspired apple and worth a look. She has some great RTI resources in addition to the fun with firsties pack I got this from!

JITTER JUICE!!

First we read FIRST GRADE JITTERS by Robert Quackenbush. 

We read the poem on the chart paper next!  Then I made the juice. I usually use Hawaiian punch with some seltzer. However yesterday I went to the grocery store and left with everything except the Hawaiian punch!  After a last minute trip to CVS literally as their first customer, I had some Arizona fruit punch which did the trick. The kids colored their hitter juice label and we attached it to a cup and had a drink. 
Sorry this is sideways!  We then added the jitter juice poems to our poetry notebooks and then we made a graph illustrating how many friends liked or didn't like the jitter juice. 13 likes 6 dislikes this year!

NICEST GIFT EVER!!

So I know I told you I'm loving owls right now and the theme in my room is owls. Well one AMAZING mom was so thoughtful and observant, she brought in these super cute owl clothespins. They are attached to a picture of the little lady just for the photo op!
Love them!!!!!!!!

Ok that's it from me for now. The little lady starts ballet and tap in the morning and the hubs will be working OT so I need some me time!  Have a great weekend!!

The teacher mom :)


1 comment:

  1. Glad your first mini-week went well. Cheers to the next 177 days of fun!

    ReplyDelete