An Accomplishment I am Proud of...


For an exciting third week in a row I am linking up with Monica from I Heart Grade 3!  This week in her weekly link up series we are talking personal again - something we are proud that we accomplished.  

I have to say that there is not one single thing that I am proud of accomplishing, but instead I am proud of how I reached some big goals in my life.  

I was always a go for it kind of person.  I was always reading to find out more, trying new things, and overall trying to improve myself as an educator.  Once I had my daughter a few years ago, I found it really hard to balance everything.  Around the same time my husband took a job that required on-call time and lots of overtime (often unexpectedly).  These things were challenges to me and my ability to set and reach goals.

For the last year and a half, I have worked to stay in a good work/home balance, but also set aside time for the learner in me to spend time reading, creating, and learning.  Since then I have launched my blog (yeah!), set up and made somewhat successful my TPT store (woo-hoo!), revamped the entire way that I teach math (hello Guided Math - I LOVE YOU!!)

These are not goals that were met over night, they took time and sometime some failures along the way.  There were blog post deadlines that didn't get met, there were meltdowns too (I had one this morning, but I happily blamed that on 29 week preggo hormones!!), there were days that I didn't feel like the amazing mom, wife, or teacher that I strived to be, but I always kept working and I am happy at all I have accomplished during this time.  

Now that in 11 weeks we will be welcoming a new little guy, I know that there will be some more transitioning happening and roles will change, and he will have needs that my daughter had at that age - forgive me if I'm a bit distant while we are adjusting, but know I have set a goal for myself to be a more consistent blogger and I WILL meet that goal!

What are some accomplishments you are proud of?  What are some goals you have set for yourself for the summer or next school year?

Looking forward to hearing your stories too!!

2 comments:

  1. Great Job! I feel the same way too most of the time - like I can't balance everything. I still have a long way to go, but it makes me feel better to know I am not the only one that struggles with feeling this way. Thanks for sharing.
    Crystal
    www.funandlearningatbba.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Abbey,

    You are well on your way to blogging more consistently! It has been wonderful getting to know you through the linky party!

    I cannot wait to see your new little one! Eleven weeks is not very long - he'll be here before you know it!

    Monica

    www.iheartgrade3.com
    www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/I-Heart-Grade-3

    ReplyDelete