Made-It Monday - June 15th - Last Patriotic Craft...I Promise!



Did you all have a great weekend??  I was able to get away to the beach for the weekend before I head back to school (yes I am STILL in school for 8 more days!).  It was super nice to spend some time with family and see my favorite little lady swim in the ocean!

Also awesome was a trip to The Dollar Tree!  We don't have a true dollar store close by - the one we have has a name that makes you think things are a dollar, but they are not!

I saw this on Pinterest and I thought it would be cute and easy to make!

I also knew this was NOT a craft I wanted to spend a lot on, so the dollar store was a have to this weekend!  

Here's my haul - I really wanted 3 pairs of red and white striped flip flops but of course they only had 2 pairs.  As I was getting into line I spotted these red star flip flops and thought they would do the trick.  


I got the light up necklaces too as decoration for the middle - though the lights had already burnt out by the time I made the wreath today - LOL!!

First you need to get a small piece of wood to use as your base and hot glue 4 flip flops (1 of each pair) to the wood.



Then, add the other flip flops in the empty spaces.  

Then add what you want to decorate the center...

And hang and enjoy!!

What do you think?  Would you want to try one??

Check back next week when I change my theme and share a WHOLE end-of-season soccer party that I am planning for the little lady on Saturday - TONS to do for that one!!

6 comments:

  1. That turned out really cute. You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! 8 more days must seem like a long time at this point. Your wreath is super cute. This looks like a project I could do with my daughter.
    ✿April✿
    Grade School Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is super cute and easy, too...just my kind of wreath project!!
    Tonya
    Storybook Endings in Second

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing this very cute and simple project! I'll bet know which "Dollar Store That's Not a Dollar Store" you mean - I think that's kinda sneaky! ;)
    Linda at Primary Inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  5. The wreath looks great and seems like something I could handle! My favorite is the Dollar Tree because I always know it is going to be $1.

    Amanda
    A Very Curious Class

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your wreath turned out so cute! I will need to be on the hunt for some festive flip flops!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete