Made-it Monday!



I am happy to have been able to make something new again this week for the Monday Made-It link up!

I'll be honest this one isn't my favorite and it almost didn't happen in time!  Since I am preggo, I can't spray paint, and the HUBS has been very busy, so it wasn't until this morning that he was able to paint the bottles and then we and two cookouts, so this was a quickie - maybe I would have loved it more if I had given them more time!



I went to AC Moore and searched for red, white and blue goodies - This is what I found...

This first picture was taken by my 5 year old - She really wants to help!



I wanted something to stick out of the bottles and there wasn't anything unattached - so I found these decorations that I later took apart!



I decided to use empty beer bottles and paint them, but you could buy nicer bottles at the store!

First coat...

Third coat...


Decorating Fun...



Addison really wanted to add "real" flags, so here is a pic with the flags...


Thanks for visiting again this week - Please let me know what you think - hit or a miss??

8 comments:

  1. Very festive! I might do this with my little cousins for up at the cabin- they always love to craft and this looks simple, but fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super patriotic & fun! It might not be exactly as you envisioned but your little girl obviously enjoyed it!

    Learning at the Teacher Table

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Kelli, this would be a fun activity to do with the kids at a family function!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is amazing how you let your little one help! A sign of a great mom!!!! I love that idea. You can do so much with it! Take it easy and congrats on the new baby!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think they are cute family made decorations :) My two year old loves to help as well. Congrats on your new little one! I'm due with #2 at the beginning of Aug.
    Steph
    Simple Insights

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are fun, festive decorations! Have a great weekend!

    Amanda
    A Very Curious Class

    ReplyDelete