Are you GO NOODLING yet?



Are you?  Are you? 


Last weekend, I was catching up on all of my favorite teacher blogger posts from the week, when I came across the always AMAZING Kelley Dolling from The TeacherIdea Factory.  She was SINGING the praises of this Go Noodle.  She talked about how using these brain breaks changed the way her firsties attended and participated in the afternoons. 

I was intrigued…


So Monday morning, I set up a FREE account (there are paid versions, but so far there are SO SO many options in the FREE version, I will be using new breaks everyday!).  I was excited to talk to the kiddos about it.  After lunch I had the projector and computer all ready to go and the kiddos were SUPER PUMPED about trying this out, but to be honest I had NO idea what we were getting into.  Day #1 – We chose ZUMBA.  The kids and I had so much fun!  This was an energy booster for sure.  After day one – I realized that I NEEDED to continue using this!


Day #2 we tried yoga!  LOVED this calming brain break.  Day #3 we tried a dancing chicken (raise the roof) and TODAY we went running with Lolo Jones (see the short video of us running in the classroom below).

Since the first time we tried it, we have decided on GO NOODLE spots!  These spots are the same each day, so we don’t have to spend time figuring out who goes where and making sure we have enough space. 
Go Noodle has REVOLUTIONIZED my afternoon teaching.  The kids are more energized (but not coo-coo!) and they are more engaged in their learning.  Other adults in my building have been stopping by to participate with us (I got our AP into the dancing chicken yesterday!). 


Are YOU ready to try go noodle?  CLICK HERE for a direct link (once you register you can try a demo mode to see what some of the brain breaks are!)

2 comments:

  1. Do you have access to word jam? That's probably MY favorite. I use it as a motivator for behavior. When a kid meets their behavior goal, they earn a brain break for the class--they get to be the computer operator. Warning: I advise you to avoid the one with Beyonce.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great idea, Deb!! I've started using GoNoodle, and that just may be my ultimate motivator... the kids are begging to do this!! :)

      ~Erin
      Mrs. Beattie's Classroom

      Delete