Made it Monday- Summer Fun!



Good Morning my friends!  Yes, I realize that it is Wednesday, but I am telling you this weekend away totally got away from me.  I made this project last week.  Took all of the pictures.  All I needed to do was write the post - Did that happen - NOPE!!  

Oh well!!  What are you going to do??  I loved this project and it was actually way easier than I anticipated, so I hope you love it too!!


I made a banner last week, but I love those block signs that are all over Etsy and Pinterest.  I thought that I would be able to make one.  

My little lady and I headed to Michael's to get the goods.  

I found wood in small and large blocks - I got 3 of each.  The HUBS was not thrilled that I spent $$$ on pre-cut wood as he could have done it cheaper - but he's been working a ton and I didn't feel like waiting.  It's nice to have options!


I picked up 6 sheets of scrapbook paper.  I am HORRIBLE about saving scraps, but summer or bright scrapbook paper scraps would have been PERFECT too!


I also bought some white vinyl to use in the Cricut, but ended up choosing to use some colored vinyl sheets I had purchased a LONG LONG time ago - I thought they would stand out better.  

It was so easy to put together - I traced the wood blocks and cut the paper to match.  Then mod podged the paper to the blocks.  Let it dry - of course.  Then I played around with the Cricut to make the letters.  I am not a Cricut expert, so it takes me some time to get the size just right.  Finally, I placed the letters on the blocks and it is ready to display!

So easy!!


I hope you like what you see - It was fun and cute and best of all easy!!

I have another made it Monday that I am working on for next week - and it's baby themed!  4 weeks til baby!!

Until then - I would love to hear from you.  What are you crafting this week??

2 comments:

  1. Those are so cute. I still haven't talked myself into buying vinyl for the Cricut. Thanks for the ideas.
    The Moving Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! What cricut cartridge did you use?

    My Bright Blue House

    ReplyDelete